Monday, November 12, 2012

NaNoWriMo & Killer Tomatoes

I haven't been posting much lately due to Disposing Dwight post production and NaNoWriMo. But I'll have a review up soon, as there are a many movies in my queue.

I'm choosing between Tarantula (1955), Chopping Mall (1986), Night of the Lepus (1972), Pumpkinhead (1988)Equinox (1970)Robot Monster (1953), and, of course, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978).

No, really... it's a real movie.
But back to NaNo... I've changed storylines three times since starting. I began without much of a plan, deciding to just wing it for once. My first plot didn't work at all, so I switched. About ten days later, that plot wasn't working, either, and even though I was over 9,000 words in, I switched to my current idea. And I'm catching up quickly.

And I might visit my previous ideas some other time (I'll definitely write my first idea, once I can make it work). But what I've learned that if you aren't really into the idea, the project won't turn out good, no matter what.

Then again, sometimes you may like your idea so much
you forget how ridiculous it is.

For now, please enjoy this trailer for Equinox (1970). The whole reason I wanted to see this film was the pure awesome of the trailer. Not that it was a very good trailer, since I still have no idea what this film's even about-- something about a time traveling demon book with claymation dragons?-- but it looks entertaining as heck, and that's what counts.

Seriously, guys. This is what every grindhouse film should be.


Hopefully I'll get a chance to review this. More posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment