Thursday, March 7, 2013

100 Movies...


So over the past two weeks I compiled a Top 100 list of my favorite movies... ever. Not the greatest movies, just the ones I get the most personal enjoyment out of. The list ranges from to Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon to Batman: The Movie starring Adam West.

My point is, it’s a pretty random assortment of I like, so I figured I’d share the list and hopefully introduce new viewers to some of my all time favorites.

But I didn’t just want to post a list of a hundred movie titles. I wanted to explain why you need to see them -- what I saw in them that made them good enough for my Top 100.

So for the next 50-100 weeks, I’ll have 1 or 2 posts a week featuring an item from my list (in no particular order).

That’s also important -- no particular order. Meaning, this isn’t a “best to worst” or “worst to best”. It’s totally random. So if you see Lawrence of Arabia right next to Pirates of the Caribbean, don’t burn me alive.

That said, I think I will save the last 5 posts for my top 5 movies. What will they be? You’ll have to wait 84 weeks to find out....

Some of these may seem like obvious choices, but then there may be a few surprises. Not to mention, there may be some notable omissions that just didn’t make the cut. I'll post Part 1 Monday.


This made the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment